The Desert Sector is a sector of Lyoko. It is also the one with the most dangerous monsters living it it, as most of the creatures can get around. The Desert is made out of a collection of dry, rocky plateaus. There are very little greenery, as most of the trees being located next to the Oasis. The Desert is sometimes affected by sandstorms, although the only sandstorm ever seen was in Log Book, and it was XANA-induced. The plateaus also has a danger of tilting and/or shaking themselves apart, but this is probably also XANA-induced. The Desert is made up of two levels: the lower and higher levels. The higher level's plateaus are very large while the lower level's plateaus are a medium b, and small sharp rocks are littered everywhere. There are no towers present here, but small monsters, such as Roachsters and Hornets could be found here.
In The Pretender, XANA possessed Aelita and used her to completely destroy the Desert. However, Jeremie and Aelita manage to recreate the Desert sector between the episodes William Returns and Double Take as it was the first surface sector to make a reappearance.
In the Desert, Coverslips only appeared once in an Oasis in Season 1. It was discovered by Odd (a very big surprise) that it was not water but just a surface layer to hide a tower on the plateau under them. It had an appearance very similar to water.
Under Ground TunnelsEdit
Located in the lower parts of the Desert (ussually in creators) exist under ground tunnels. Some seem to has the appearance of a mineshaft, and has a lot of wires that connect to towers (probably the wires of the activated tower in the episode. Surprisingly a Megatank can Squeeze in and can go at enormous speed, although it was scratching the walls. The Scyphozoa can also use these tunnels as a secret transport system to make a supprize apearence as seen in Final Mix and The Pretender. One specific tunnel in the Desert sector is directly linked and can be accessed to go to the ice sector a seen in season one
- In Routine, Yumi and Ulrich almost kiss here.
- In Seeing is Believing, it is discovered that there are Coverslips in the Desert.
- The Desert contain the Tower which Jeremie activated to create and support the Clone of William, this has been shown in Double Take and Wreck Room.
- This is the mostly visited sector.
- This is also the first appearing Sector in Code: LYOKO.
- Team Lyoko mostly use this sector for accessing the digital sea in the Skid.
- Replika-2 is a Replika of this sector.
- This is considered Aelita's main sector corisponding with the season one theme song
- This is the sector that Odd was fused with Kiwi. In the episode Dog Day Afternoon, this happened, although Odd and Kiwi were seperated in the Ice Sector.