Due to the new management of this wiki, the new rules can be found here: http://codelyoko.wikia.com. These are the policies that this wiki will be following from now on. If one of the rules on the linked rules contradict these, the ones on codelyoko.wikia.com take priority.
Welcome to Code: WIKI, the ultimate Code: LYOKO reference. This is a place where you can edit and create pages having to do with Code: LYOKO. Excited? Want to start editing? Before you do, read the below rules.
Before you start editing, create an account. This will confirm you as a User. Then go about to create a userpage describing yourself, your interests, or other things you want to put down. Then, start editing by reading the editing guidelines below.
How to Write a PageEdit
To bold, italicize, or bold-italicize words in your article, do this:
- ''italics'' appears as italics. (2 apostrophes on either side)
- '''bold''' appears as bold. (3 apostrophes on either side)
- '''''bolded italics''''' appears as bolded italics.
You always have to bold the subject the first time you mention it in the article. For example: "Roachsters are monsters."
To insert a picture, sign in, upload it (found in the toolbox section below the search field), then insert it like this:
This means that Example.jpg will appear as 200px big, a thumbnail, on the right side, and have "Description" typed in its description.
You also should learn headings. This is a large heading:
- ==Large Heading==
This is a smaller heading:
- ===Smaller Heading===
Links jump you from one page to another instantly. For example: Lyoko.
To create a link, do this:
- [[Lyoko]] appears as Lyoko.
To create a link with an alternate appearance, do this:
- [[Lyoko|Virtual Universe]] appears as Virtual Universe.
Pages should only be linked to once on a page (unless it is an extensive page). Do not do the following:
- Lyoko is a virtual universe. When on Lyoko, people retain their main appearance, but with a different outfit. Lyoko is divided into five sectors.
Once per page is enough! And even if they are not links, it is grammatically correct to use pronouns.
When changing a link title from singular form to plural form, simply do this:
- [[Roachster]]s appears as Roachsters.
Do not do this:
- [[Roachster|Roachsters]] appears as Roachsters.
However, changing plural to singular requires you to do this:
- [[Roachsters|Roachster]] appears as Roachster. (This issue is mostly resolved by redirect pages.)
Style of WritingEdit
Write all articles in past tense. All articles are to be in no POV form, which means they are not to be influenced by a user's personal opinion and should convey objective truths. This is especially important as not following it will disrupt the reputation of Code: WIKI.
Also, all things are to be canon, that is, to be directly shown in the show. When something is speculation, it must be stated as so and must be based on hints given by the show (or what the user thinks is a hint, at least). No fanon is to be put on Code:WIKI at all. This is a serious violation and will damage Code: WIKI's reputation and your own.
Alright, you know everything. Start writing! If you want to really become a Lyokon, see other things you can do for Code: WIKI below.
- No excessive "Leet" or chatspeak on userpages or talkpages. The occasional "lol" is fine, but large amounts will be removed.
There are various things you cannot do to be a member of this wiki:
- You cannot put false information purposefully on pages. Punishment: Other users will correct you.
- You may not flame members (putting up hate statements, "yelling" at them, etc.). Punishment: Warning or banishment for a day or more.
- You cannot vandalize any pages. Punishment: Banishment for a day if the offence is small.
- No profanity is to be used whatsoever, as this is a wiki about a kid's show. Punishment: First time/Borderline offenders shall be warned. Repeat/Extreme offenders shall be banned for a varying period of time depending upon the offense.
- You absolutely CANNOT delete the rules or attempt to destroy the wiki! Punishment: Banishment for six months.
- You cannot create another Code: LYOKO wiki if you are a user of this website! Punishment: Banishment for infinite time.
- You cannot repeatedly and purposefully vandalize or put incorrect information on pages. Punishment: Banishment for infinite time. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE OFFENSE AS IT DIRECTLY ATTACKS THE PURPOSE FOR THIS WIKI, which is to provide an accurate and safe archive of Code Lyoko information.
- You have the right to critique others in a nice way.
- You can put up links to non Code:LYOKO things on your User page, as long as they are not links to any site that contains profanity, adult content, drug references, or anything that a young child should not be exposed to.
- You can reference to the suggestion board.
- You may upload a maximum of three (10) personal images. This is not an image hosting site. These images may not contain profanity, adult content, drug references, or anything that a young child should not be exposed to.
Things to keep in mindEdit
- If your edits are reverted, it is probably for a good reason. If you wish to challenge the revert, ask the user politely why they reverted the edit.
- Just because you put it on a page or uploaded it doesn't mean it's superior to others' contributions. Do not submit lower-quality information just so you can have your name on it.